1. Bianchi PH, Pereira RM, Zanatta A, Alegretti JR, Motta EL and Serafini PC. Extensive excision of deep infiltrative endometriosis before in vitro fertilization significantly improves pregnancy rates. J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2009; 16:174–180.
2. Papaleo E, Ottolina J, Viganò P, Brigante C, Marsiglio E, De Michele F and Candiani M. Deep pelvic endometriosis negatively affects ovarian reserve and the number of oocytes retrieved for in vitro fertilization. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2011; 90:878–884.
3. Benschop L, Farquhar C, van der Poel N and Heineman MJ. Interventions for women with endometrioma prior to assisted reproductive technology. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010:CD008571.
4. Donnez J, Wyns C and Nisolle M. Does ovarian surgery for endometriomas impair the ovarian response to gonadotropin? Fertil Steril 2001; 76:662-665.
5. Hart RJ, Hickey M, Maouris P and Buckett W. Excisional surgery versus ablative surgery for ovarian endometriomata. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2008:CD004992. [Edited (no change to conclusions), published in Issue 5, 2011.]
6. Opøien HK, Fedorcsak P, Byholm T and Tanbo T. Complete surgical removal of minimal and mild endometriosis improves outcome of subsequent IVF/ICSI treatment. Reprod Biomed Online 2011; 23:389–395.
7. Sallam HN, Garcia-Velasco JA, Dias S and Arici A. Long-term pituitary down-regulation before in vitro fertilization (IVF) for women with endometriosis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006:CD004635. [Edited (no change to conclusions), published in Issue 1, 2010.]
8. Acosta AA, Buttram VC, Jr., Besch PK, Malinak LR, Franklin RR and Vanderheyden JD. A proposed classification of pelvic endometriosis. Obstet Gynecol 1973; 42:19–25.
9. Candiani GB, Vercellini P, Fedele L, Bianchi S, Vendola N and Candiani M. Conservative surgical treatment for severe endometriosis in infertile women: are we making progress? Obstet Gynecol Surv 1991; 46:490–498.
10. Chang FH, Chou HH, Soong YK, Chang MY, Lee CL and Lai YM. Efficacy of isotopic 13CO2 laser laparoscopic evaporation in the treatment of infertile patients with minimal and mild endometriosis: a life table cumulative pregnancy rates study. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 1997; 4:219–223. "
11. Hart RJ, Hickey M, Maouris P and Buckett W. Excisional surgery versus ablative surgery for ovarian endometriomata. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2008:CD004992 [Edited (no change to conclusions), published in Issue 5, 2011.]
12. Jacobson TZ, Duffy JM, Barlow D, Farquhar C, Koninckx PR and Olive D. Laparoscopic surgery for subfertility associated with endometriosis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010:CD001398.
13. Kondo W, Bourdel N, Tamburro S, Cavoli D, Jardon K, Rabischong B, Botchorishvili R, Pouly J, Mage G and Canis M. Complications after surgery for deeply infiltrating pelvic endometriosis. BJOG 2011; 118:292–298.
14. Nezhat C, Crowgey S and Nezhat F. Videolaseroscopy for the treatment of endometriosis associated with infertility. Fertil Steril 1989; 51:237–240.
15. Nowroozi K, Chase JS, Check JH and Wu CH. The importance of laparoscopic coagulation of mild endometriosis in infertile women. Int J Fertil 1987; 32:442–444.
16. Olive DL, Stohs GF, Metzger DA and Franklin RR. Expectant management and hydrotubations in the treatment of endometriosis-associated infertility. Fertil Steril 1985; 44:35–41.
17. Stepniewska A, Pomini P, Bruni F, Mereu L, Ruffo G, Ceccaroni M, Scioscia M, Guerriero M and Minelli L. Laparoscopic treatment of bowel endometriosis in infertile women. Hum Reprod 2009; 24:1619–1625.
18. Stepniewska A, Pomini P, Guerriero M, Scioscia M, Ruffo G and Minelli L. Colorectal endometriosis: benefits of long-term follow-up in patients who underwent laparoscopic surgery. Fertil Steril 2010; 93:2444–2446. "